hey

| Thursday, October 29, 2009
here i am in new york city,
had a great (though very long) day of press yesterday,
three radio shows at two stations,
and a couple long interviews with press that will
get picked up by.....Rueters, stuff like that.
Both journalists were very informed, very thorough,
and pushing.....you know.....the envelope of discussion,
and I enjoyed it alot.

i prefer email interviews, i can elaborate and contemplate and
do it on my own time, in my own way... on the road its the best way.
but these two phoners were pretty satisfiing after all.

This tour has been outstanding for a couple reasons.
the first is that i feel so surrounded by love that i just have to
puffy up once in a while and shake my feathers. really.
my tour manager, the band, and the audience, they
seem to be gathering together in a rally of support
that makes me feel more comfortable than i have felt in a long time.
I am most always comfortable on stage, but this is happening
off stage. smiles, pats, extra help all the way.
it's like they really do want me to play, and want
the shows to go well. i feel it, the audience feels it.
the audience is another critter all together, and
they have always been, as one spirit, a loving
and compassionate point....they move like water
or wind through a grove, they are leaning toward
the left, now rising, now contemplative, its so
wonderful, i just love my life today, right now,
the sound of my breath.

i want to also again say cudos, gratulations,
love, to my web designer Roxanne, what a beautiful
job you have done for me. Every time i come to the site
i think this is more than i could have imagined, i mean,
how do i say this. The art she offers for the music is
so well paired, such a mirror, and yet so much more,
she has really taken this web site to a dimension of art
subtle and extensive, i am so very pleased.

so just three more shows, and only one more with Charlie,
the drummer. our last two shows will be acoustic, they way
we started in North Carlolina a week or so ago.
i will travel on my 55th birthday, as i did on my 50th,
to a gig in London, Jools Holland, after many years, and
are we excited. we will perform the Moon is Made of Gold,
daddy would be so happy i think. well, mother too.
well, they are so happy.
then a small tour, through spain, holland, belgium ,
and so excited to be back. Sal Bernardi will be wtih me again.
and i am looking forward to visiting David Tibet in England.

so that is the tour update. we are getting a camera and will
be posting much more regularly the antics of those wild
boys of austin, paris and la as they dust off the european
streets with wild winds music, magic and madness.
and lots of prayers and laughing and sleeping.
and maybe some chips and tea and ginger and peppermint and i am
on a french keyboard so excuse the odd note here or there.

14 comments:

Anonymous at: October 30, 2009 at 6:38 AM said...

Great blog - always love reading your thoughts and comments RLJ. Excited for the Jools Holland appearance and also for Cadogan Hall, my first time seeing RLJ live. Can't wait! Also loving the set lists that I've seen so far - Sailor Song, Deep Space, Bonfires - all fantastic.

Anonymous at: October 30, 2009 at 4:09 PM said...

You sound so happy RLJ!!! I'm thrilled and can't wait for the new album to come out! Are you going to be touring in the new year at all???

{ Frances } at: November 2, 2009 at 2:51 AM said...

Beautiful website, so great to read your ''travels'' and listen to new songs. Can't wait to see you in Holland, Nov. 13th with my daughter of 14 years old. Following in my footsteps as a great fan since she was a little girl..
All the best on your tour,
Frances and Berneja, The Netherlands

{ Zooby } at: November 3, 2009 at 4:57 AM said...

Hi Rickie Lee,
I love your honesty in your blog. You are truly an inspiration to my artistic life, how you follow the muse to where it takes you. See you in London!

Zooby

{ Unknown } at: November 5, 2009 at 9:58 AM said...

I'll miss you at the Birchmere in Virginia this time around, but will keep my fingers crossed that you'll swing through this neighborhood again before too long. So happy to have you happy and inspired and making music!

{ Chucky-D } at: November 7, 2009 at 2:28 PM said...

Rickie, you are just as honest and free and introspective on your blog posts as you were all these years with your music. I missed you in NC as I was out of town, but I have my tickets and hotel to see you at the Birchmere. Have a safe and happy tour in Europe.

My copy of Balm In Giliad is in the mail...look out neighbors!

{ esperanza64 } at: November 7, 2009 at 2:32 PM said...

Great to see you blogging again Rickie, totally missed hearing from you and glad you are in a good place ! I am listening to Balm in Gilead as we speak and especially loving Eucalyptus Trail,it's gorgeous! And like the piece in this month's Uncut magazine,would love to have heard more on every album.Anxiously awaiting shows in NYC in the near future .BTW Happy Birthday , mine is next week so November is ultra cool to me ;)

{ by R. Bhakti Klein } at: November 8, 2009 at 1:54 PM said...

i've always loved your music. so glad Sal is back with you! i met him after a show of yours in central florida years ago. you've been a big part of my life. haven't heard the new album yet but i look forward to it.

love,

bhakti

{ robdobbler } at: November 9, 2009 at 7:19 PM said...

Great to have this opportunity to connect with you. I met Sal Bernardi while working in a guitar shop in Dublin, Ireland before I knew your music, not long after that a friend introduced me to RLJ with "Easy Money" and I've been yours ever since. Your music is part of my DNA..

You're still sounding amazing, can't wait to listen to the new record.

Thank you for being the voice when I had no words.

Much love.

Rob.

{ gor } at: November 12, 2009 at 9:56 PM said...

You gave me your flower at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles.

"I Saw You" is a song that I can only listen every so often, because it is perfect. I have never heard anything so personal and perfect.

RLJ you have touched my life for many years.

I saw you in San Louis Obisbo and got to hold on to an amazing man (when two men holding each other was still unusual in SLO).

I met you through B. Gelfand and Pat Raines and each time has changed me...Adios

Gordon

{ Unknown } at: November 29, 2009 at 7:19 PM said...

attended your show in northampton, ma....you were wonderful in spite of having been ill earlier that day. wishing you much happiness and ease in your life. your music has accompanied me in my art studio and I am grateful for your voice. many blessings.
anne k

{ Chucky-D } at: November 30, 2009 at 8:26 AM said...

Great to hear you may be doing Balm in Giliad and Pirates complete in NY and somewhere. I will see you in DC - Pirates! Balm! Oh please consider doing them at the Birchmere! I so appreciate your music and your effects upon so many lives. See you in DC Dec 10th!

Anonymous at: December 17, 2009 at 12:27 PM said...

Listened to your interview last night on NPR. It was great to hear your voice. I hate to admit that I had forgotten about RLJ, your music & how much I loved yor songs back in the sixties - I'm a sixties child too. And please, always remain, "out there". I will buy your new music, haul out my RLJ albums and record on discs to listen to again!
Renewed RLJ fan in San Antonio

{ DON } at: June 22, 2010 at 8:20 PM said...

HI RLJ thank you for appearing at LIVE OAK i love you and have been a fan for atleast 20 years and was stoked to see you i had a seat 11 rows back and was the one who yelled ME TOO when that girl yelled i love you and you replied O you know who i am of course you still have an amazing voice and awsome talent you were the reason i went to live oak and i am so happy i got to see you. you are very special and have a special place in my heart i am 42 and have a daughter 18 who lives in south OLYMPIA anyway dont worry about ex boyfreind there are many who love you and a couple who could make you happy so stay strong and keep making music and doing things that bring you joy i love you and thank you again sincerely Don watkins ps i love your new CD.....

 

Copyright © 2011 Double D in LA.